Location: Port Moody, BC
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Title: Foundation Coordinator
About Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation (ERHF)
475 Guildford Way Port Moody, BC V3H 3W9
erhf.ca | firstname.lastname@example.org | 604.469.3128
Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation’s mission is to enhance the delivery of health care services in the Tri- Cities through philanthropy and advocacy. ERHF has been raising funds for Eagle Ridge Hospital since 1982, bringing new medical equipment and technology to the hands of our health care team, ensuring the best possible health care is provided in our community. The Foundation funds various healthcare programs throughout the Tri-Cities, Anmore and Belcarra community, touching 1 in 2 lives throughout the region.
Why Join Us?
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with passion to work for a non-profit organization, who is looking to develop their experience in the fundraising field, within a healthcare environment.
This is a full-time permanent position, the successful candidate can expect 3 weeks of vacation with a competitive benefits package, a Municipal Pension Plan (MPP), and various professional development opportunities. You will be working with a passionate and dynamic team.
At Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation, we believe in, and promote a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace culture to empower and create opportunities for all. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, gender identities, sexual orientation, religion and beliefs to apply.
Reporting to the Communications and Operations Manager, the Foundation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all office operations for the Foundation including transmittals for deposits, correspondence, reception duties, gift acknowledgements and processing, volunteer and Board administration, data entry, and assisting with monthly financial management. The Foundation Coordinator will work closely with the Communications and Operations Manager to ensure the efficient operations and growth of the Foundation, as well as other projects (detailed below) as assigned to support the Foundation and executive leadership. In addition, the Foundation Coordinator will update donor information regularly in our CRM system and conduct basic prospect research. The individual will work closely with the other members of the Foundation team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the daily administrative operation of the Foundation, including establishing and maintaining effective office routines, provides telephone, reception duties and administrative assistance as needed.
- Donation processing & acknowledgement management: processes gifts, prepares thank you notes, receipts, tribute cards, as well as organizes other stewardship efforts. Providing daily cash reconciliation.
- Enters gift pledges, sponsorship, donor, player and guest participant information to the database; provides post event support such as cash management, data entry, revenue reports, tax receipts; assists with distributing donor and sponsor acknowledgement letters.
- Maintains donor database (Raiser’s Edge NXT), and accurately and consistently updates donor information to ensure data reliability and current mailing lists.
- Coordinates the flow and accuracy of all financial information to and from the accounting firm and bank for the preparation of the monthly financial statements including preparation of daily cash reports and end of period reports.
- Tracks the Foundation’s AP/AR, ensuring vendors and invoices are coded, and assist with monthly reconciliation.
- Assists with Board/Committee meetings and AGM as needed and taking meeting minutes.
- Assist Communication and Operation Manager to provide database support for the donor recognition program including maintaining the donor wall, prepares invitations and registration lists for donor recognition events; participates in events as needed.
- Assists with ERHF signature events, luncheon and other events as needed.
- Tracks hours, vacation and sick days for Foundation staff.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of non-profit financial administration with minimum three (3) years in providing administrative support in an office setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer fluency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required and willingness to learn new technology.
- Experience with donor CRM databases (Raiser’s Edge NXT) is an asset.
- History of demonstrating initiative and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and willing to work some flexible hours
To apply for this job please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline: We are accepting rolling applications until the position is filled.
We appreciate your interest in working with Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.