Emergency Expansion Completed!
We are so happy to share that the newly expanded Eagle Ridge Hospital Emergency Department is completed and open as of July 2022. Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation and our community advocated for this essential project for more than 10 years, and fundamental to its approval was our commitment to raising $5 million towards the $37.5M project. This project has been a testament to the generosity of this community as the Foundation completed our $5 million fundraising goal.
We would like to thank our donors, community partners, sponsors and volunteers who are the champions of healthcare in the Tri-Cities, Anmore and Belcarra region. This project could truly could not have happened without each and every one of you who have donated and invested in the healthcare of our community.
Features of the New Emergency Department
- Increased patient and service capacity
- Separate entry for ambulances and walk-ins
- Three patient waiting areas, with a dedicated family and child centered space
- Patients have the privacy, care and attention they deserve
- Safely contain contagious diseases, protect staff and all patients
- Proper stabilization space for patients in crisis
- Decontamination in a safe, secure manner
- Minimized fear and anxiety for patients and their loved ones
- Increased treatment spaces from 19 to 39
- Patient registration is confidential
- Decontamintion suite has a private ensuite thus improving infection control