LEGENDARY CARE | WE DESERVE IT
The expansion of Eagle Ridge Hospital will transform health care in our community at all levels – from emergency and acute care to medical consultation, treatment and preventive services. Our growing community deserves the best health care today, in addition to solutions for urgent and future health care challenges. Eagle Ridge Hospital has a strong reputation rooted in our history – one that is compassionate in its approach while delivering best-in-class care. Let’s continue this legacy.
Legendary Care. We Deserve It.
Our Emergency Department has reached a critical stage:
- Our infrastructure is aging and cannot meet current and projected health care demands
- The population served in the Tri-Cities is rapidly growing
- Medical equipment and technologies keep advancing medical practices
- Opened in 1988 to treat 20,000 patients, today it serves close to 53,000 per year (20% of whom are children)
Coupled with our vision for an expanded Emergency Department is the expansion of our Cardiology and Community Out-Patient Services Departments.
WHY IS THIS NEEDED?
- Population growth continues
- One entry for ambulances and walk-ins
- Insufficient waiting room spaces
- Treatment spaces lack of privacy
- No negative pressure isolation rooms
- Insufficient safe, secure care spaces for psychiatric/substance use
- Insufficient decontamination space
- Resuscitation space is visible to other patients
- Design and layout are inadequate
- Insufficient space for pre-triage, ambulance, police and patients
- Lack of private washrooms
- Three cardiologists serve a growing cardiac care program
WHAT IS GOING TO BE BETTER?
- Increased patient and service capacity
- Separate entry for ambulances and walk-ins
- Three patient waiting areas, with a dedicated family and child centered space
- Patients have the privacy, care and attention they deserve
- Safely contain contagious diseases, protect staff and all patients
- Proper stabilization space for patients in crisis
- Decontamination in a safe, secure manner
- Minimized fear and anxiety for patients and their loved ones
- Increased treatment spaces from 19 to 39
- Patient registration is confidential
- Decontamination suites have private ensuite thus improving infection control
- Addition of a fourth cardiologist enables the opening of a pacemaker clinic