Learn More …
Major Gifts Officer
Under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the Major Gift Officer is responsible for developing and delivering the Foundation’s Major Gift portfolio in support of Eagle Ridge Hospital’s annual urgent equipment list, special projects and capital campaigns. The Officer will coordinate and plan the major gifts work of the Database Co-ordinator in the processes of prospect identification and research; work closely with the ED to design, plan and execute fund development strategies; write proposals; mine the database; manage a master prospect list focused on donor stewardship and growth, while leading a robust donor recognition program.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience working in Major Gift fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience and success in securing major gifts.
- Must have strong computer and database experience with robust Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Demonstrated experience with donor databases (Raisers Edge preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the Chinese and Korean cultures is an asset.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver strategies to identify, research, meet, educate, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from individuals, corporations, community/service organizations and foundations. Writes, submits and tracks all major gift proposals.
- In the course of developing major gift prospects and stewarding donors, identifies prospects and opportunities for the Annual and Planned Giving Officer to build the Foundation’s portfolios and the Marketing and Events Specialist to recruit sponsors.
- In the course of developing major corporate donors, develops, delivers and identifies programs with corporations that have potential for a major gift.
- Coordinates and schedules the involvement of the ED, Board and Cabinet Members in supporting suspect, prospect, donor meetings, and solicitations and designs cultivation and solicitation strategies on a case-by-case basis. Prepares briefing notes for the ED and Board/Cabinet Members and directs debriefing meetings.
- Builds and directs a network of influential supporters who will open doors and make introductions to new suspects and prospects.
- Identifies staff, board and volunteer activities to develop, plan and deliver major gift, matching programs and capital campaigns in partnership with the ED and other fundraising staff.
- Responsible for developing and managing the major gift and donor recognition budget.
- Responsible to meet and, wherever possible, exceed the revenue goals for this portfolio and submit weekly and monthly activity reports as required.
- Designs, develops, delivers and directs a multichannel major gift program, donor cultivation, stewardship and recognition programs all with a view to getting the next gift in the above $5,000 range.
- In collaboration with the ED and Manager of Communications, designs a multichannel major gifts campaign that targets the right audiences with the right messages at the right time.
- Works in partnership with marketing, communications, social media specialists, contractors and members of the team to execute an approved business plan.
- Leading People – acting with integrity and trust; building a team environment; communicating clearly; fostering potential.
- Leading Change – striving for personal mastery; leading with vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation.
- Partnering – focusing on donors; providing quality service; engaging stakeholders
- Achieving Results – conceptualizing; demonstrating accountability; consistently meeting and wherever possible, exceeding revenue goals and targets
- Business Acumen – managing resources; possessing health care environment knowledge and political awareness
- Demonstrated track record in meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, plan, research, implement, deliver, organize and problem solve a major gifts campaign
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments
- Demonstrated analytical, research and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver clear and effective spoken and written communications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a network of relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use the technology generally associated with fundraising
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
About Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation
ERHF’s mission is to enhance the delivery of health care services to our community through philanthropy and advocacy. ERHF has been raising funds for ERH since 1982 bringing new medical equipment and technology to the hands of our health care team, ensuring the best possible health care is provided in our area. The foundation is in the midst of a $5.0M capital campaign to support the expansion of ERH. The Foundation raises funds through annual mail campaigns, legacy programs, individual donations, corporate partnerships, community-minded foundation grants, service organizations and special events.
To apply for this job please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline is Wednesday, May 01, 2019.