To access the full job descriptions, please click on the headings below.
Communications & Events Coordinator
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Communications & Events Coordinator will lead the Foundation’s communication and marketing portfolio, along with implementing and overseeing the event portfolio. The individual will support the marketing and communications needs of the Executive Director and the fundraising team, ensuring the foundation’s brand is executed professionally and consistently. This individual must juggle multiple priorities from different staff and be able to lead in this face-paced environment.
The main goal of the Communications & Events Coordinator is to effectively describe and promote the hospital foundation, its fundraising campaigns and events, raising awareness and inspiring increased support to improve health care for everyone in our community. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to further their experience in the communications field, specifically within a healthcare environment.
Key Areas of Involvement for Communications:
- Leads all communications and marketing including acting as the organization’s brand champion.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop an annual strategic communications plan and manages the implementation of the plan.
- Leads the production and communication of all marketing and communications collateral and co-ordinates third party vendors such as graphic designers, web designers, videographers, etc.
- Generates compelling story ideas, researches, interviews, writes and edits a variety of documents such as direct mail campaigns, thank you postcards, feature articles, editorials, newsletters, copywriting for brochures, event programs, website content and maintenance of the website.
- Develops the annual and monthly marketing and social media strategies for Foundation campaigns and events while integrating the marketing needs of the events and campaigns smoothly within all other Foundation requirements.
- Develops and manages within a detailed and integrated communications budget.
- Maintains accurate constituent data for donors and sponsors.
- Builds and directs a network of influential sponsors and supporters who will open doors and make introductions to new suspects and prospects.
Key Areas of Involvement for Events:
- Works with the Executive Director (where appropriate) to strategize, prepare and manage the events budgets.
- Responsible for the vision, development and delivery of current and future special events whether managed by staff or contractors.
- Maintains and elevates the existing high standards established for these events in order to assure the achievement of budget goals and donor/participant satisfaction.
- Provides direct leadership and community outreach for the development of third party events.
- Leads Foundation initiatives to recruit, train and retain volunteers to support special events.
- Responsible for securing event sponsors and achieving budget goals for each special event.
- Liaises with event production contractors.
- Responsible for securing the Live and Premium Auction and raffle items with the Evening of Caring and Golf Classic Committees.
- Use his/her strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media to enhance the events portfolio.
Required Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with communications and marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present concepts verbally.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, planning and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with five years’ experience.
- Must have strong social media marketing skills and database experience with robust Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- History of demonstrating initiative and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Speaking more than one language is considered an asset.
- Ability to think creatively and write to inspire coupled with the ability to work independently.
- Proven ability working with volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and produce events, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Suite of Products.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Tri-Cities Region.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with grace, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Must maintain an extremely high level of attention to detail in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with supervisor, board of directors, peers, vendors and volunteers.
About Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation (ERHF)
ERHF’s mission is to enhance the delivery of health care services in the Tri-Cities through philanthropy and advocacy. ERHF has been raising funds for Eagle Ridge Hospital (ERH) since 1982 bringing new medical equipment and technology to the hands of our health care team, ensuring the best possible health care is provided in our area. The Foundation is in the final phase of a $5.0M capital campaign to support the expansion of ERH. The Foundation raises funds through annual mail campaigns, legacy programs, individual donations, corporate partnerships, community-minded foundation grants, service organizations and special events.
To apply for this job please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Monday, September 21st, 2020 @ 5:00pm.