There are no vacancies at this time.
To access the full job descriptions, please click on the headings below.
The Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation has an exciting opportunity for a talented fundraising professional to lead the organization forward as the new Executive Director. If you love to connect with people, build relationships and inspire staff and volunteers to drive effective fundraising campaigns for a community-based organization, this role could be the next step in your career.
The Executive Director (ED) is the Foundation’s chief executive, reports to the Board of Directors and leads a team of skilled professionals working across a variety of fund development channels including major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, events, communications, capital campaigns and program support. You will engage the Board in the development of the strategic plan, identify and create momentum around new initiatives, and oversee all operations for the Foundation.
Building on the success of the highly regarded retiring ED, you will bring your creativity and drive as a key partner to the Board, Fraser Health and the community in defining the next exciting capital campaign. In overseeing day to day operations of the Foundation, you will bring your exceptional leadership, organizational skills and fund development expertise to meet revenue growth goals. The impact of your work will result in enhanced health care and improved services at Eagle Ridge Hospital (ERH), affecting all members of the Tri-Cities community.
The mission of the Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation is to enhance the delivery of health care services in the Tri-Cities through philanthropy and advocacy, and the long term vision is inspiring our community to greater health.
The role of the Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation is to ensure that the hospital continues to provide the best patient centred care, with the right equipment, technology and programs for the communities served by ERH. The Foundation has raised over $38 million since 1982 to support the needs of ERH and the community. The Foundation draws on its well-established relationships with donors, community partners, sponsors and volunteers, to purchase in the range of 50% of the new hospital medical equipment and technology needed to grow with the community’s needs.
Eagle Ridge Hospital
Serving the second fastest growing community within the Fraser Health Authority, ERH is known as The Little Hospital with the Big Heart, and has significant reach and impact serving over 100,000 patients, 50,000 medical emergencies, 600,000 lab tests and 6,000 surgeries annually.
As a community hospital serving the residents of the Tri-Cities areas of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody, as well as the villages of Anmore and Belcarra, ERH provides primary and secondary acute care and some specialty services, such as 24/7 emergency diagnostics, inpatient and outpatient care in general medicine, rehabilitation, surgery and other specialty services such as urology, plastics, orthopaedics and a 65-bed long-term care facility called Eagle Ridge Manor.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a leader who has achieved early distinction in your fundraising career and is ready for your next challenge as the Executive Director at the helm of a well-established organization with a stellar community reputation. With 8 to 10 years of recent, relevant leadership experience in fund development, you bring a track record of securing high value major gifts, and a solid understanding of all fund development channels, methods and tools. You are proud of your experience on at least one successful capital campaign that met or exceeded its goals – on schedule.
You are known for your ability to inspire others with your strong communications style, your positive and collaborative leadership approach, your ability to build bridges and form trusted relationships amongst peers, stakeholders, direct reports and your community. Your solid financial and operational competence adds to your ability to inspire confidence, attract partnerships and garner support to achieve ambitious strategic directions.
Considered a valued strategic partner to your board in your senior executive roles, you bring a strong understanding of governance in a not-for-profit community environment.
- Fund Development: leads the planning and implementation of annual fundraising and multi-year capital campaign achievement, collaborating and mentoring a team of 6 capable staff utilizing best practices in annual giving, planned giving, major gifts, events, communications and database management programs.
- Strategic Planning: collaborates with the Board, stakeholders and the team to define and implement a strategic plan to achieve ambitious growth goals; reports on goal progress, adjusts course to assume accountability for delivering on the approved outcomes.
- Organizational Leadership: as the Executive Director, supports, coaches and develops a talented and cohesive staff team; ensures the organizational capacity and financial resources, materials and tools needed to achieve the Board-approved business plan, programs and budget.
- Board Support: provides advice and support to the Board in matters of policy governance and management of the Foundation; provides timely reporting on operational performance, fund development campaigns and other key metrics.
- Finance: develops annual budget and business plan, financial goals and financial controls; manages policy compliance, processes and risks to ensure a clean audit and management letter.
- Relationships: acts as the representative and advocate for the organization to all stakeholders, funders, partners and community with a focus on continuous growth for Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation.
- Asset Management: manages the annual capital equipment list and liaises with Fraser Health for the purchase of capital equipment, oversees technological requirements.
- Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation Champion: is the principal spokesperson to all external audiences, including Fraser Health, stakeholders, major donors and the Tri-Cities community.
- Foundation Administration: manages all aspects of the Foundation including financial services, reporting, disbursements, record-keeping, donor stewardship programs and investment portfolio (together with the Chair of the Finance Committee).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field (MBA would be an asset)
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset
- 8 to 10 years of recent, related experience in fund development; solid understanding of all fundraising channels, methods and tools; a proven record of securing high value major gifts; experience on at least one successful capital campaign
- Minimum of 5 years of senior executive and strategic leadership experience, ideally reporting to a Board of Directors
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this unique opportunity to: email@example.com
We truly appreciate all applicants; however, we will be in contact with only those selected for an interview.
For more information please contact:
Nancy Beaty, Senior Associate
604.700.4116 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy McLaughlin, Principal
604.728.0080 | email@example.com
About Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation (ERHF)
ERHF’s mission is to enhance the delivery of health care services in the Tri-Cities through philanthropy and advocacy. ERHF has been raising funds for Eagle Ridge Hospital (ERH) since 1982 bringing new medical equipment and technology to the hands of our health care team, ensuring the best possible health care is provided in our area. The Foundation is in the final phase of a $5.0M capital campaign to support the expansion of ERH. The Foundation raises funds through annual mail campaigns, legacy programs, individual donations, corporate partnerships, community-minded foundation grants, service organizations and special events.