Director, Fund Development
Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation
Modelling and supporting the vision, values, purpose and commitment of Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation.
Reporting to the ED, the Director of Fund Development is responsible for developing, delivering and directing the Foundation’s major gift portfolio in support of Eagle Ridge Hospital’s annual urgent equipment list, special projects and capital campaigns. The Director will plan, deliver and direct the work of the Database Co-ordinator in the processes of prospect identification and research; work closely with the ED to design, plan and execute fund development strategies; write proposals; mine the database; manage a master prospect list focused on donor stewardship and growth, while leading a robust donor recognition program. Plays a supporting role in the preparation, development and execution of the foundation’s annual business plan and budget.
KEY AREAS OF INVOLVEMENT INCLUDE:
- Develops, delivers and directs the implementation of strategies to identify, research, meet, educate, cultivate, solicit, prospect and steward major gifts from individuals, corporations, community/service organizations and foundations.
- In the course of developing major gift prospects and stewarding major donors, identifies prospects and opportunities for the Director of Annual and Planned Giving to build the Foundation’s planned giving portfolio and the Marketing and Events Specialist to build the sponsorship portfolio.
- Researches, writes, submits and tracks major gift proposals to corporations, foundations and community/service groups.
- In the course of developing major corporate donors, develops, delivers and identifies programs with corporations that are existing and potential for major gift.
- Directs and manages those functions performed by the Database Coordinator that bear on the responsibilities of the Director.
- Directs and schedules the involvement of the ED, Board Chair, and Board Members in supporting suspect, prospect and donor meetings and solicitations and designs cultivation and solicitation strategies on a case-by-case basis. Prepares briefing notes for the ED and Board Members and directs debriefing meetings.
- Directs the Database Coordinator in maintaining constituents including vital information about prospects and donors uncovered through research and developed through debriefing meetings.
- Builds and directs a network of influential supporters who will open doors and make introductions to new suspects and prospects.
- Directs staff, board and volunteer activities to identify and qualify suspects and prospects.
- Takes a directorial role to develop, plan and deliver major gift, matching campaigns and acts in a key role with capital campaigns in partnership with the ED.
- Responsible for developing and managing the major gift and donor recognition budget.
- Responsible to meet and wherever possible exceed the revenue goals for this portfolio and submits to the ED weekly and monthly activity reports as required.
- Designs, develops, delivers and directs donor cultivation, stewardship and recognition programs with a view to getting the next gift in the above $5,000 range. Designs a multichannel major gifts campaign that targets the right audiences with the right messages at the right time.
- Works in partnership with marketing, communications, social media specialists, contractors and members of the team to execute an approved business plan.
- Acts in the absence of the ED as required.
University degree plus 10 years’ experience managing fund development programs, particularly capital campaigns in the $5 – $10 million range. CFRE accreditation and a deep understanding of the Chinese and or Korean cultures are assets. Remuneration will be commensurate with years of capital campaign experience.
Leading People – acting with integrity and trust; building a team environment; communicating clearly; fostering potential.
Leading Change – striving for personal mastery; leading with vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation.
Partnering – focusing on donors and partners; providing quality service; engaging stakeholders
Achieving Results – conceptualizing; demonstrating accountability; consistently meeting and wherever possible, exceeding revenue goals and targets; establishing benchmarks
Business Acumen – managing resources; possessing health environment and political awareness
- Demonstrated track record in meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, plan, research, direct, implement, deliver, organize and problem solve a capital campaign
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments
- Demonstrated analytical, research and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver clear and effective spoken and written communications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment when responsible for leading and achieving team outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a network of relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use the technology generally associated with fundraising and an office work environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
All applications are appreciated. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your cover letter and curriculum vitae should be sent by email to:
Eagle Ridge Hospital Foundation